American Awakening presents the “Better Together” Event with music and timely messages
On July 28, American Awakening invites you to join their “Better Together” event. Join for King & Country, Lecrae, Crowder, Jonathan McReynolds and The New Respects as they come together and blur the lines of politics, race and genre for an amazing moment of music. This FREE concert stream starts at 8pm. Register for free at
“On The Road With Big Blue” – June First Friday Edition
oin WNZR in downtown Mount Vernon on Friday 6/2 for June’s First Friday!
Downtown Mount Vernon will be busy with activities on Friday (6/2) for the season’s First Friday kick-off.
WNZR will be in downtown Mount Vernon for June’s First Friday!
Look for Big Blue on South Main Street, near the dog fountain.
Stop by and register to win a special "Clean Up, Drink Up, Soak Up and Frame Up" prize basket featuring:
· An entire house cleaning from Carefree Cleaning Company. Amy McDougale gives you 4 hours of house cleaning (Valued at $120)
· One $15.00 gift card to Happy Bean Coffee Shop
· A Family 4 Pack of One-Day Passes to the Hiawatha Water Park and Pool (Valued at $32)
· An 8 X 10 color portrait from Seavolt’s Studio Photography (Valued at $100)
Plus, WNZR goodies including an “On the Road with Big Blue" t-shirt, NIV Bible, coasters, cups, micro-fiber cloths, hand fans, Frisbees, guitar flyswatter, magnets, chip clips and more! The prize package is valued at over $300!
First Friday events are from 6 to 9 p.m. in downtown Mount Vernon. Experience Mount Vernon will kick off the year with June’s First Friday. The theme is "Under The Sea".
· Bring your dancing shoes because Sky High Productions will be DJing all your summertime favorites on the west side of Public Square sponsored by Open Road Renewables. Not a dancer? Bring a folding chair and enjoy the sights and sounds of First Fridays in the reserved seating area on the west side of Public Square.
· A+ Autobrokers returns as the sponsor of the First Friday Cruise-Ins on Public Square! Experience Mount Vernon has coordinated with the folks of Mount Vernon, OH Cruise Nights to bring in classic cars for you to enjoy. Cruise-In traffic should arrive no earlier than 4:30pm when streets will be fully shut down and be in place no later than 6:00 p.m. Please note that all Cruise-In traffic should enter and exit Public Square via Gay Street and/or Chestnut Street only; Public Square will begin two-way traffic at 4:30 p.m.
· Knox Foodies is back in 2023 coordinating the Food Truck Trail sponsored by Ariel Corporation! June’s Food Trucks include, Annie’s Concessions, Big Pappy’s, LaMacarons, A Taste of Colorado, Joseppi’s Pizza, Woolson’s Kettle Corn, Round Hill Dairy, A&E Gluten Free, Tabouli Cafe, Honey Buckets, and Sweet Treats. Stop by the Experience Mount Vernon info table to pick-up a map of all vendors and food trucks.
· The MVNU Athletics Activity Zone will be on South Main Street between Gambier and Ohio providing activities for the whole family. Also featured in the Activity Zone is the Mount Vernon Fire Department and Mount Vernon Police Department Touch-A-Truck sponsored by United Aggregates! Be sure to stop by the Ohio Avenue and South Main Street intersection to get a picture with a local first responder and their vehicles.
· Head to the Community Corner on East Gambier Street as MTVArts takes the stage to promote their upcoming show, Sister Act. In addition to MTVArts, the team from the Mount Vernon Arts Consortium will be hosting a series of games and activities for all to enjoy and selling tickets for the summer season.
· WNZR is honored to join Media Partners – 100. 9 WMVO, and Super Q 93.7.
· Experience Mount Vernon thanks Riverside Recovery Services for their support of First Fridays. For more information about their services go to riversiderecovery.rehab.
· Traffic Details - Starting at 4:00 p.m., Main Street from Chestnut Street to Ohio Avenue, including one block east and west, and Public Square will be off-limits for both parking and traffic. All parked vehicles should be removed from said streets by 4:00 p.m.
· Parking can be found at Public Lots on South Gay and Mulberry Streets as well as off of East High Street. Experience Mount Vernon has partnered with Knox Public Health to host a Bike Valet station located in the Blue Ash Parking Lot, located on the corner of East Ohio Avenue and South Main Street. Special thanks to Martha Edelblute for the use of the lot. As part of the Active Transportation Plan, both Experience & Knox Public Health encourage those who can bike, to take advantage of this FREE service!
· If you have questions, please contact Executive Director, Lacey Filkins at 740-393-1481 (call or text) or email email@example.com.
· The June First Friday will bring all your favorites to Downtown Mount Vernon! Featuring over 60 vendors, 11 food trucks, entertainment, classic car cruise-in, and more, there will be something for everyone at our UNDER THE SEA themed June First Friday.
To learn more about First Fridays, or to join the #experience, head to www.ExperienceMV.org
Save the dates for the Experience Mount Vernon season:
July 7th: Wild July First Friday presented by the Knox County Foundation (featuring the Columbus Zoo)
August 4th: Dog Days of Summer August First Friday presented by Griffin Insurance (Featuring WNZR’s annual Dog Parade)
September 1st: Back to School September First Friday presented by MVNU, Kenyon, COTC, and Knox County Career Center - (featuring the educational institutions’ department fair)
October 6th: Johnny Appleseed Apple Festival presented by the Peoples Bank of Gambier