The NEW Mount Vernon Christmas Festival is coming this Weekend!
The Mount Vernon Christmas Festival is coming THIS Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
This is a NEW 3 day event for downtown Mount Vernon!
Friday, December 6 – Festivities downtown kick off with Lights & Carols at 7:00P.M.
on Friday, December 6. Santa arrives in style with a ride from Knox Motor Group. He
starts the festivities by lighting the tree on the Public Square. After this, local musical
groups will lead a Christmas Music sing along.
*See the Big Blue Crew on the Public Square. We will broadcast live from 6:30pm –
Saturday, December 7 – Enjoy the Christmas Festival Activities from 10am – 6pm.
The Christmas Showcase will provide various forms of Christmas themed entertainment
for the whole family to enjoy! Check out downtown to join in and spread some Christmas
Here is a list of events and happenings in downtown with much more to come:
- Santa Claus will be in his house on the Public Square for pictures -each kid gets a free gift!
- Mrs. Claus's workshop will be upstairs at the Williams Flower Shop ballroom. Mrs.
Claus will have letter writing, cookie decorating and Christmas Movies.
- Old- Fashioned carousel on West Vine Street
- Rex the Balloon Sculptor
- Local music groups performing at The Woodward Opera House, Herald’s Appliances &
Electronics, The Makery, Main Street Makers' Market, and Happy Bean
- Jingle Bell Marketplace at the Knox County Memorial Building
- Petting zoo
- Secret Santa shop at the Mount Vernon Grand Hotel – kids can shop for their families
- The Knox County Landmarks Foundation is hosting a Christmas tree decorating contest
and auction at the Mount Vernon Grand Hotel
- Pony rides
- Live nativity by Millwood Church of Christ
- Roving carolers brought to you by the Mount Vernon Players
- Window display contest of local shops
Look for Big Blue on South Main Street right beside First Knox National Bank.
We will broadcast throughout the Christmas Showcase on Saturday, December 7th with
updates on all the fun, family activities.
You can stop by to register to win a great family prize basket!
Enter to win a special “Clean Up, Drink Up, Shape Up and Freshen Up” prize basket for the family featuring:
- An entire house cleaning from Carefree Cleaning Company. Amy Kessler gives you 4 hours of house cleaning!
(Valued at $100)!
- $25 gift card to Happy Bean
- Two punch card gift certificates for 8 Classes at Zumba with Teresa and Lisa (Valued at $40, 16 total classes)
- A Scentsy package with a Scentsy Bar, a Car Bar and Fragrance Mist from Melissa Dexter, Independent Scentsy Consultant. (Valued at $30)
- Plus WNZR goodies including a jar opener, chip clips, water bottle, cups, mugs and hot chocolate, coasters, guitar flyswatter, ice scraper, NIV Bible and more!
The prize package is valued at over $215.00!
Sunday, December 8 – the annual Mount Vernon Christmas Parade will take place at
2:30pm. The theme is “Christmas in the Movies” and will include prize categories as in
The parade route will come up South Main Street, travel around the square, and continue
up North Main Street ending at the Living Center. If you are interested in participating in
the parade, please go to www.mountvernonmainstreet.com and fill out the online form or
call Carrie Hyman, Main Street Mount Vernon Executive Director, at (740) 393-1481.
WNZR and MVNU are proud to support the 2019 Mount Vernon Christmas Parade through our
sponsorship. At a live auction back in July, we were able to purchase the sponsorship of several
categories, supporting this annual family activity in our community.
Best Miniature Horse Entry - WNZR
Best Club & Service Organization (Youth) – WNZR and Mount Vernon Nazarene University
Best Humorous Entry - MVNU Athletics
Best School Entry - MVNU Athletics and SBC Hospitality
We salute all parade entries this year. Thanks to all the participants for helping us celebrate Christmas in downtown Mount Vernon.
WNZR thanks our Broadcast Partners for the Mount Vernon Christmas Festival:
Jessup Home Improvements
WNZR thanks our Mount Vernon Christmas Festival Prize Donors:
Melissa Dexter, Independent Scentsy Consultant